1. Please describe your business: What do you do?
2. Is your business currently...
3. If you answered A or C above, By what percentage?
4. What things are most important to your prospects when purchasing your product or service? (In order from most important to least)
5. What are the biggest frustrations your prospects have when doing business with your type of company?
6. Why would a prospect favor your company over your competitors? What are the top 5 advantages of doing business with you? Give specific reasons.
7. What emotions or feelings might the typical prospect be having before, during and after the sale (anger, fear, confusion, skepticism, etc. towards their situation, the industry, your company, product, and - or service)?
8. Under what circumstances does the typical prospect start to think about buying what you sell? Be specific.
9. If a close friend of yours needed to buy from, or hire a company such as yours and needed your advice, what would you teach them so that they could make the best decision?
10. List the biggest challenges YOU face in the areas of sales and marketing? Be specific.
11. What is your competitive environment like? (Do you have direct competition? Indirect? Of what types?)
12. List your TOP 3 biggest competitors and their strengths:
13. What media do you use to communicate your messages to your marketplace? (Newspapers, radio, telemarketers, Salespeople, direct mail, etc.)
14. Has your marketing environment changed over the last 1 to 5 years? Example: We used to run ads (send mail, have salesmen, etc.) that gave us all the business we could stand, and now those things don’t work anymore.
15. Where’s the first place prospects look when they need your product or service (i.e., yellow pages, etc.)
16. Describe your sales and marketing process, step by step:
17. Describe your target market along with a description of the average customer purchasing your product or service:
18. How has the current economy affected your business?
19. What is your projected annual revenue for the current year?
20. What is your projected annual revenue for next year?
21. What will you need to do to accomplish this revenue goal?
22. How many leads to you currently generate on a monthly basis?
23. How many of those leads do you convert to clients?
24. How do you currently generate your leads?
25. How many clients do you currently serve?
26. Do you have and use a marketing plan?
27. Do you have and use a marketing calendar?
28. Do you have and use a marketing budget?
29. Describe the vision or picture for your business in 5 years.
30. I would be more effective at marketing my services or products in my business if I only I was better at: (Rate each of the following...)
31. How much do you think not doing the above will cost you in money terms over the next 12 months? Be specific with a dollar amount.
32. What is the biggest obstacle to improving your marketing and lead generation at this time?
33. What business building ideas have you tried in the past that didn’t work?
34. Why do you think these ideas didn’t work?